Altus Emergency Centers Scholarship
Altus Emergency Centers is happy to announce our new $500 scholarship!
The program will benefit four eligible local applicants who wish to pursue a career in healthcare.
Altus Emergency Centers will award a total of four scholarships this year. All scholarships are awarded as a one-time payment in the following manner:
- One $500 scholarship awarded to an eligible relative of one of our staff members
- Two high school seniors accepted to a 4-year university program in any field related to healthcare will each receive a $500 scholarship
- One $500 award will go to a local nursing student
- All applicants must be residents of the greater Lake Jackson area
- Eligible applicants need to be students pursuing a degree in healthcare
- Graduate from public or private high school or home school
- Accepted to a 4 year University or Accepted to Nursing school
- GPA 3.6 or higher
- Community Service/ Civic involvement
- Over 25 ACT or SAT: Over 570 Reading/writing and Over 570 Math
The application deadline is July 20th, 2020. Entries received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Applicants must complete and submit the application form directly from our website.
- 100 words for why you chose a career in healthcare and 150 words or less: Give a brief description of your involvement in school and community activities.
- Winners will be selected on July 29th, 2020 by a review panel appointed by the management of Altus Lake Jackson ER
- The official announcement of the winners, check award, and photo session will be on August 10th, 2020.
Consent for Marketing and Media Activities
Altus Emergency Centers Scholarship recipients must provide explicit authorization for their name and image to be shared in Altus Emergency Centers communications. Recipient names and pictures can appear on a variety of marketing channels, which include but are not limited to media interviews, blog posts, printed material, and social media content.
Know Where to Go in Case of an Emergency.
Altus Emergency Centers reserves the right to withdraw or amend any listed scholarship without prior notification. Acceptance of the application will not guarantee that the applicant will receive an award.
Scholarships are awarded by the review panel appointed by Altus Emergency Centers management, and their decision is final, no appeals are allowed.
Scholarship recipients must meet the conditions set out in the Official Rules & Details on our website.