Billing and Coding Associate Job Opening
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the finest Freestanding Emergency Centers in Texas.
Altus Emergency Center in Lumberton is currently seeking to fill the position of: Billing and Coding Associate. Please review the following job requirements and submit your resume to ERjobs@altusemergency.com.
Billing and Coding Associate Requirements and Responsibilities
- Reviews all documentation to ensure coding by provider is supported
- Apply all coding rules and use of CPT and ICD codes and appropriate use of modifiers
- Assign and sequence all codes for services rendered
- Where providers have made errors or missed coding, use as educational tool for the provider(s)
- Contact physicians and other health care professionals about treatment and/or diagnostic tests given to patients with regard to coding procedures
- Assist in educating physicians and staff in requirements of documentation for proper reimbursement.
- Assists all staff with coding as required
- Constant review and recommends updates on coding changes
- Assists in conducting internal audits of patient charges and corresponding documentation.
- Submit claims and work rejects for claims submission, daily
- Check for data errors.
- Determine problem that resulted in a rejected claim, resolve, advise on procedural changes to implement and prevent further such rejects.
- Resubmit/refile and appeal rejected claims, as is necessary.
- Check coding and post charges
- Adhere to contractual requirements of Medicare, Medicaid, and any in network managed care plans
- Ability to process and understand out of network claims
- Scrub and submit claims
- Run daily update and insurance exception reports
- Review and correct, re-scrub rejected claims
Accounts Receivable and patient statements:
- Runs A/R report
- Works accounts receivable
- Prepare patient statements
- Patient collections
- Responsible for follow-up on unpaid claims and process of sending patients to collections as per office policy.
- Work collection of past due accounts weekly, follow-up on payment arrangements
- Assist patients with questions regarding insurance and/or account balances
- Work with patients who have insurance claim difficulties.
- Assist with pulling and filing of patient charts
- Works Revenue Cycle Director to provide information necessary to generate financial statements and to accomplish fiscal audits and reimbursement studies.
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Ability to communicate well with people both in personal contacts and on the phone.
- Professional, friendly appearance
- Good organizational skills
- High accuracy and precision.
- Pays attention to detail
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other employees, patients, insurance carriers and the public.
- Ability to maintain patient and office confidentiality.
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Skill to effectively negotiate with patients, guarantors & other parties for payment of claims
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with only general supervision
- Problem solving skills
- Certification Required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience required
- Commitment to high level of customer experience
Be a part of the winning team at Altus Emergency Centers!
In order to apply for the position of Billing and Coding Associate, please submit your resume to ERjobs@altusemergency.com.