ER Physician Liaison-Educator Job Opening
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the finest Emergency Rooms in Texas.
Altus is currently seeking to fill the position of an ER Physician Liaison-Educator to work with all locations (Baytown, Lake Jackson, Lumberton and Waxahachie). Please review the following job requirements and submit your resume to ERjobs@altusemergency.com.
ER Physician Liaison-Educator Job Summary
Under general direction of the CEO, the Training Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all elements required to successfully and smoothly deliver physician training. This includes creating the training schedule and managing all notifications and logistics associated with the schedule. The Training Coordinator is the point of contact for physicians for questions and support related to all aspects of training enrollment. The Training Coordinator is also responsible for coordinating and maintaining reproduction and distribution of training materials. Training will be one on one with physicians.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Acts as a liaison through effective and professional communications between and with physicians.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, APG and Altus Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives.
- Visits and establishes effective rapport with physicians.
- Serve as an advocate for patient’s rights, needs, and values; ensuring that patients’ ethnic, cultural, or religious values, beliefs, preferences and needs are considered and aligned.
- Responsible for a comprehensive physician onboarding schedule, ensures each new provider is appropriately oriented to his/her new position and the facility.
- Responsible for provider T-System training.
- Contact physicians with questions about treatment or diagnostic tests given to patients with regard to coding procedures.
- Responsible for implantation of programs to reduce the number of patients returning to ED within 72 hours after their first visit.
- Perform concurrent review to validate the medical necessity for admissions, determine the appropriate level of care and the necessity for continued inpatient stay.
- Responsible for the clinical appropriateness (utilization) review of inpatients and observation.
- Responsible for monitoring the documentation of medical treatment and comparing it to established criteria to determine if treatment meets established guidelines.
- Hold a current, active and unrestricted registered nurse license and 2 years clinical experience or 2 years case management experience.
- Ability to travel
- Strong analytical, data management and PC skills
- Ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing demands in the healthcare industry
- A service orientation and a “can do” attitude
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- Displays strength-based approach to collaborative problem solving
- The ability to receive feedback and apply it to work performance
- Consistently demonstrates strong ethics and sound judgement
- Knowledge of using ICD (International Classification of Diseases) and CPT(Current Procedural Terminology)
Know Where to Go in Case of an Emergency.
Altus Emergency Centers Texas
is Here for You 24/7
Altus Emergency Centers are all open 24/7/365, with no lines. Our facilities are well-equipped to diagnose and treat everything from major to minor adult and pediatric emergencies. We are honored to be a part of our beautiful Texas communities and work hard each day to help see them grow and prosper!
24 Hour ER Services – Best in Texas
Looking for the best quality 24 hour ER services?
We offer the best freestanding 24 hour ER services in Texas. We have top of the line medical technology and highly experienced ER healthcare experts prepped and ready to come to your aid in Baytown, Lake Jackson, Lumberton, and Waxahachie.
Each ER team is highly efficient in treating chest and abdominal pains, pediatric emergencies, flu symptoms, sports injuries, bone breaks, and fractures, as well as all other major and minor injuries. All services are available 24/7, including weekends and holidays with little to no wait times. After You Receive Quality ER Care, our Patient Advocate will help ensure Hassle-Free Billing.
Our Promise is to Always Help Find the Best Solutions in Benefit of our Patients from the time you walk-in without having to wait in line and when you are personally assisted with the billing process. We are here to help you get well and stay well!