Honoring Nurses Week 2021
Altus Honors Nurses Week 2021
This week we honor those who have proven to be the heart and soul of our healthcare system our invaluable nurses!
Not to brag, but at Altus Emergency we have some of the most impressive nursing professionals in Texas, we are sure our patients will attest to this.
Nursing has been ranked as one of the most honest and ethical professions for the last 16 years, no other field either in healthcare or otherwise has had this type of recognition, and to us that says a lot about the quality of humans that make up this incredible profession.
Nurses are the closest thing to an angel on Earth that anyone of us will ever encounter, and this Nurses Week we celebrate them and their profession.
President Ronald Regan proclaimed May 6th as National Nurses Day, but, one day is simply not enough to celebrate the amazing work that nurses do each and every day in every medical field, therefore the celebration has now been extended to Nurses Week, starting on May 6th and ending on May 12th Florence Nightingale’s birthday.
A Look Back into Nurses Week From Previous Years
As you can see, at Altus, we have been celebrating Nurses Week since we first opened. You may recognize some of the smiling faces. This year, we will be releasing updated photos and videos of our ER Nurses. The difference may be the PPE gear, the glowing smile underneath will still be the same. Happy Nurses Week 2021! Now, let’s explore, why these special ladies and gentlemen deserve our appreciation. We will overcome the COVID-19, but there will always be battles to fight. May we never forget to honor these brave individuals on the front lines of healthcare.
Know Where to Go in Case of an Emergency.
Nurses Can Choose from a Wide Variety of Specialties
Nursing is a special calling. This Nurses Week 2018, we’d like to acknowledge the training and expertise of nurses. Nursing has many applications and fields of specialty, including:
- Emergency Room Nurses – Those who specialize in emergency room care.
- Pediatric Nurses – Those special angels that take care of our children.
- Geriatric Nurses – Amazing souls who take care of the elderly.
- Oncology Nurses – Those supporting nurses who help patients during their cancer treatments.
- Nurse Anesthetist – These assist surgeons during procedures that require anesthesia.
- Psychiatric Nurses – They asses and care for patients with psychiatric disorders.
- Forensic Nurses – These incredible professionals asses victims of violent crimes, they are responsible for evaluating and collecting biologic evidence of criminal cases to be presented in court.
- Holistic Nurses – They advocate for a more wholesome approach to healing, one that integrates traditional medical care, with spirituality and self-reflection.
- Home Health Nurses – They work directly in patient’s home, often taking care of the elderly or chronically ill patients who need long-term care.
- Learning Disability Nurses – And invaluable asset for children and adults who have been diagnosed with a learning disability.
- Managed Care Nurses – Like home health nurses, managed care nurses work with patients who have a chronic or terminal illness and require specialized care for the rest of their lives.
- Nurse Midwife – They help bring little bundles of joy into this work, they also assist in pre and post-natal care.
- Neonatal Nurses – These courageous angels work in the Neonatal (newborn) Intensive Care Unit, caring for very sick or premature babies.
- Military Nurses – A special shout out to those brave souls that help save the lives of our brave men and women in uniform.
- School Nurses – We are all grateful to these amazing professionals who help keep our children healthy or nurse them back to health during school hours.
Thank a Nurse Today!
At Altus Emergency Centers, we are honored and blessed to be able to work side by side with nursing professionals who no matter how stressful the situation, is always willing to share a sincere smile, a few encouraging words, and even a joke or two to lighten up the mood.
They hold our hands and those of our patient’s, they inspire all of us to become better human beings. They are truly the heart and soul of our organization, and for this, we salute and honor you every day.
Altus Emergency Centers Texas is Here for You 24/7
Altus Emergency Centers are all open 24/7/365, with no lines. Our facilities are well-equipped to diagnose and treat everything from major to minor adult and pediatric emergencies. We are honored to be a part of our beautiful Texas communities and work hard each day to help see them grow and prosper!
24 Hour ER Services – Best in Texas
Looking for the best quality 24 hour ER services?
We offer the best 24 hour ER services in Texas. We have top of the line medical technology and highly experienced ER healthcare experts prepped and ready to come to your aid in Baytown, Lake Jackson, Lufkin, Lumberton, and Waxahachie.
Each ER team is highly efficient in treating chest and abdominal pains, pediatric emergencies, flu symptoms, sports injuries, bone breaks, as well as all other major and minor injuries. All services are available 24/7, including weekends and holidays with little to no wait times.