ER RN – Night Shift – Job Opening $10 K Sign On Bonus!
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the finest Emergency Rooms in Texas.
Altus is currently seeking to fill the position of an ER RN – Night Shift – Job Opening with a $10,000 Sign On Bonus to work at Altus Baytown ER. Please review the following job requirements and submit your resume to ERjobs@altusemergency.com.
ER RN – Night Shift Job Summary
To act as patient advocate, providing continuity of care designed to meet individual patient needs through collaboration with other members of the health care team. Supports the philosophy, objectives and goals of the organization. The Emergency Room Nurse will assess the needs of individual patients including but not limited to adult, pediatric, adolescent, and geriatric patients.
The Emergency Room RN for each shift, shall be responsible for providing staffing the hospital’s emergency room, and as such shall be able to demonstrate skills in basic emergency care to meet the emergency procedures anticipated by the hospital and defined within the scope of services and care for which the hospital is capable of providing.
- Reports To: CNO/Clinical Administrator
- Supervises: ER Techs and/or LVN’s
Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas
Demonstrates ability to stand and/or walk at five hours per day.
Demonstrates ability to lift and/carry over 20 pounds on a regular basis.
Demonstrates ability to push/pullover 25 pounds on a regular basis.
Current BLS Certification
Current ACLS Certification
Current PALS Certification
Category I exposure to blood borne pathogens, frequent exposure to chemical hazards and may encounter radiation hazards.
- Performs assessment/data collection in an ongoing and systematic manner, focusing on physiologic, psychologic and cognitive status.
- Formulates a goal directed plan of care, which is prioritized and based on determined nursing diagnosis and patient outcomes.
- Implements care in a knowledgeable, skilled, consistent manner in reaching the desired patient outcomes through nursing processes.
- Establish priorities of patient care based on essential patient needs and available center resources of time, personnel, equipment and supplies.
- Performs efficiently in emergency patient situations following established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate persons and documenting events.
- Demonstrates applied knowledge base in areas of medical/ surgical patient care, actions of pharmaceuticals and anesthetic agents, laboratory values, safety and legal issues and all emergency equipment.
- Demonstrates applied knowledge in the administration of respiratory medications, use of ventilator/BIPAP. Patient education regarding use of inhalers and nebulizers.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution skills as a method of sound decision making.
- Completes documentation duties in the patient record, which is timely, accurate and concise.
- Nursing ER Record
- Emergency Plan of Care
- Works as part of a team in delivering patient care.
- Maintains CPR/ACLS/PALS certification.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and participates in staff meetings.
- Remains flexible, adaptive and able to accept and implement new ideas and approaches.
- Treats all patients equally adopting the Facility’s Patient Rights policy.
- Reviews and carries out physician orders in an appropriate professional manner.
- Counts narcotics with another nurse and replenishes supply as necessary.
- Adheres to the facility’s medication management protocols.
- Upon patient admission to the emergency room department, conducts initial nursing assessment.
- Carries out protocols for written emergency services as defined by the organization through the facility’s Triage Policy.
- Assesses and initiates stabilization protocols for care. emergent, urgent ornon-urgent care according the facility’s treatment protocols.
- Is knowledgeable about and responsive to emergency situations, i.e. cardiac arrest, drug reaction, fire, disaster etc.
- Initiates basic life support measures, if required
- Demonstrates knowledge of the hospital’s transfer protocols relating to:
- Contacting the physician on duty.
- Assisting the physician in the transfer of patient to higher level of care, if required.
- Completing the patient medical record documentation required for transfer.
- Completing the required transfer forms.
- Completing the ER Department Log.
- Can verbalize an understanding of the EMTALA regulations
- Reports and completes appropriate forms for variance incidents related to patients, visitors, and employees.
- Readies the area to receive patients.
- Each shift will check defibrillator and crash cart integrity daily.
- Check monthly medication outdates
- Review for re-stocking for supply
- Willingly assists with other duties when asked.
Know Where to Go in Case of an Emergency.
Altus Emergency Centers Texas
is Here for You 24/7
Altus Emergency Centers are all open 24/7/365, with no lines. Our facilities are well-equipped to diagnose and treat everything from major to minor adult and pediatric emergencies. We are honored to be a part of our beautiful Texas communities and work hard each day to help see them grow and prosper!
24 Hour ER Services – Best in Texas
Looking for the best quality 24 hour ER services?
We offer the best freestanding 24 hour ER services in Texas. We have top of the line medical technology and highly experienced ER healthcare experts prepped and ready to come to your aid in Baytown, Lake Jackson, Lumberton, and Waxahachie.
Each ER team is highly efficient in treating chest and abdominal pains, pediatric emergencies, flu symptoms, sports injuries, bone breaks, and fractures, as well as all other major and minor injuries. All services are available 24/7, including weekends and holidays with little to no wait times. After You Receive Quality ER Care, our Patient Advocate will help ensure Hassle-Free Billing.
Our Promise is to Always Help Find the Best Solutions in Benefit of our Patients from the time you walk-in without having to wait in line and when you are personally assisted with the billing process. We are here to help you get well and stay well!