ER Physician Liaison-Educator
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the finest Emergency Rooms in Texas.
Altus is currently seeking to fill the position of an ER Physician Liaison-Educator to work with all locations (Baytown, Lake Jackson, Lumberton and Waxahachie). Please review the following job requirements and submit your resume to ERjobs@altusemergency.com.
ER Physician Liaison-Educator Job Summary
Under general direction of the CEO, the Training Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all elements required to successfully and smoothly deliver physician training. This includes creating the training schedule and managing all notifications and logistics associated with the schedule. The Training Coordinator is the point of contact for physicians for questions and support related to all aspects of training enrollment. The Training Coordinator is also responsible for coordinating and maintaining reproduction and distribution of training materials. Training will be one on one with physicians.
Job Type: Full-Time
- Acts as a liaison through effective and professional communications between and with physicians.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements, APG and Altus Ethics and Compliance policies, and quality initiatives.
- Visits and establishes effective rapport with physicians.
- Serve as an advocate for patient’s rights, needs, and values; ensuring that patients’ ethnic, cultural, or religious values, beliefs, preferences and needs are considered and aligned.
- Responsible for a comprehensive physician onboarding schedule, ensures each new provider is appropriately oriented to his/her new position and the facility.
- Responsible for provider T-System training.
- Contact physicians with questions about treatment or diagnostic tests given to patients with regard to coding procedures.
- Responsible for implantation of programs to reduce the number of patients returning to ED within 72 hours after their first visit.
- Perform concurrent review to validate the medical necessity for admissions, determine the appropriate level of care and the necessity for continued inpatient stay.
- Responsible for the clinical appropriateness (utilization) review of inpatients and observation.
- Responsible for monitoring the documentation of medical treatment and comparing it to established criteria to determine if treatment meets established guidelines.
- Hold a current, active and unrestricted registered nurse license and 2 years clinical experience or 2 years case management experience.
- Ability to travel
- Strong analytical, data management and PC skills
- Ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing demands in the healthcare industry
- A service orientation and a “can do” attitude
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative
- Displays strength-based approach to collaborative problem solving
- The ability to receive feedback and apply it to work performance
- Consistently demonstrates strong ethics and sound judgement
- Knowledge of using ICD (International Classification of Diseases) and CPT(Current Procedural Terminology)